Scroll to the bottom to submit your resume & information
Hand Crafted Cake Production Leader
We are looking for a special individual to be the leader of our hand-crafted cake production department. The BonBonerie began by creating beautiful celebration cakes from our original recipes. Cakes like our Opera Cream Torte and Carrot Cake have become iconic at local celebrations and beyond. We have an additional repertoire of numerous other original cakes that change with our monthly menu. All of the cakes are made from scratch and are filled, iced and decorated by our talented cake team, including the decorations and frostings which are also made from original highly tested recipes.
The cake team leader needs to have an extensive knowledge of executing classic European fillings and glazes as well as American frostings. They must also be proficient at cutting, filling and icing cakes and possess high proficiency using a pastry bag and all the various tips so they can teach, train and inspire their team. These hand created cakes must retain their beauty, even though they are made on a large scale. The leader of this team must enjoy the pride in leading a well-oiled team whose cakes are at the heart of the bakery.
This person needs to have experience understanding teamwork , scheduling and can work within and time space constraints.
The typical hours are Monday through Thursday, 3am until approximately 1pm. Seasonal demands will exceed 40 hrs on a weekly basis.
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge of standard commercial kitchen equipment
- Familiarity with a commercial kitchen
- Food service or restaurant experience
- Ability to measure and extend recipes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude
- Must LOVE to work with cake
Perks of the position:
- Weekends off (excluding holidays)
- Access to delicious pastry during shifts
- 50% off product
- Health, dental, and vision
- 6 paid holidays
- Paid vacations
How to apply:
- Respond to this job posting
- Apply in person at our location at 2030 Madison Road, Cincinnati, OH 45208
- Include a brief summary of why you would like to be considered along with salary requirements
Kitchen/French Macaron Assistant
We are a local bakery making the finest pastries in Cincinnati since 1983. We pride ourselves on using our own original recipes and from scratch baking. We are currently looking for customer service specialists that are committed to great customer service and have a passion for all things sweet!
Our current hours are Mon-Sat 10-4.
Interested candidates should posses the following traits:
*outgoing, friendly personality
*desire to learn about our baked goods and educate our customers
*attention to detail
*strong communication skills
*available to work weekends and holidays
*self motivated, ability to move from one task to another
*eager to help customers
*desire to learn and grow
Manage large amounts of incoming calls
Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction
Build sustainable relationships and trust with customer accounts through open and interactive communication
Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools
Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits; follow up to ensure resolution
Keep records of customer interactions, process customer accounts and file documents
Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies
Take the extra mile to engage customers
Cake Decorator (part time)
This position is part of the Decorating Team, which ices and decorates our signature tortes for birthdays, weddings, and other special occasions. Schedule will require availability in the morning on weekdays; seasonal demands may require additional hours. There is opportunity for overtime during peak seasons.
You might be the perfect fit if:
- You have the ability to ice & decorate cakes, including piping & writing in icing
- You have familiarity with fondant, buttercreams, and standard cake decorating tools
- You have knowledge of standard commercial kitchen equipment
- You can measure & extend recipes
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- You have a positive attitude
- You LOVE cake!
Perks of the position:
- Access to delicious pastry during shift
- 50% discount on products enjoyed outside of your shift
- Off on Sundays
- Paid time off & benefits